There are many reasons to have a valuation for a closely held business:
- Estate Planning and Taxation, Gift Taxes
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Shareholder Dissenting Actions
- Buy / Sell Agreements
- Merger and Acquisition (M and A)
- Litigation Support
Success depends on technical skills sets, experience, and judgment.
Due Diligence is the “discovery” process in business sales.
Those buying a business want to know:
- What is the sustainable cash flow from the business for sale
- Are the revenues represented verifiable
- Is there a customer concentration issue
- Industry trends and pricing norms for this type of business
- Should I buy stock or assets in the business
- How do I optimize my tax position
- And much more …
MBA (Finance), CVA, EA
From our business blog
Small business transactions have been enjoying record numbers. But as of the second quarter of...
The simple but undeniable fact is buying a business is one of the single greatest financial...
When it comes to buying a business, nothing is more important than the factor of due diligence....